Welcome to NIVAS
Welcome to the website of NIVAS, the independent and multi-professional society specialising in vascular access and infusion therapies.
NIVAS is the first independent multi-professional society to be founded in the UK in this century. It is the new voice for all those involved in vascular access and infusion therapies.
The society was founded in July 2009 in order to promote excellence in this specialised field of patient care. We believe that we can advance practice through communication, collaboration and education.
As infusion therapy and vascular access continues to evolve, there is a need, now more than ever, for a co-ordinated approach to practice amongst healthcare professionals across the UK. The formation of a society and an annual conference is vital to ensure success in the specialty and quality care for patients.
NIVAS hopes to engage nurses, anaesthetists, radiologists, microbiologists, pharmacists and other health professionals involved in the insertion and management of vascular access and infusion therapy. NIVAS recognises the important role that you as an individual can play in advancing this specialty and would encourage your involvement with the society.
The 4th Annual NIVAS Conference will be held on 6 and 7 June 2013 at the Hotel Russell, London. Please click here for more information on how to register.
For further information and joining instructions please contact NIVAS@succinctcomms.com. We look forward to working with you.
- The Christie 1st Vascular Access Symposium - REDUCED REGISTRATION FEES FOR NIVAS MEMBERS
- The IV Therapy Nursing Award - CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
- A Practical Guide to Advancing IV Therapy - Wednesday 13th February 2013, London
- Community IV Therapy: Shifting the boundaries - 2nd November 2012, Whiston Hospital, Merseyside.
- AVA Annual Scientific Meeting - 16-19 October 2012, San Antonio
- The antibiotics question: is once a day enough? - Published March 2011
- Reducing infection associated with central venous access devices - Published February 2011
- Towards IV drug standardization in critical care - Published October 2010
- Arterial catheters: indications, insertion and use in critical care - Published October 2010
- Optimising safe and effective IV practice - Published October 2010
}11 - 13 November 2013