Welcome to NIVAS
Welcome to the website of NIVAS, the independent and multi-professional society specialising in vascular access and infusion therapies.
NIVAS is the first independent multi-professional society to be founded in the UK in this century. It is the new voice for all those involved in vascular access and infusion therapies.
The society was founded in July 2009 in order to promote excellence in this specialised field of patient care. We believe that we can advance practice through communication, collaboration and education.
As infusion therapy and vascular access continues to evolve, there is a need, now more than ever, for a co-ordinated approach to practice amongst healthcare professionals across the UK. The formation of a society and an annual conference is vital to ensure success in the specialty and quality care for patients.
NIVAS hopes to engage nurses, anaesthetists, radiologists, microbiologists, pharmacists and other health professionals involved in the insertion and management of vascular access and infusion therapy. NIVAS recognises the important role that you as an individual can play in advancing this specialty and would encourage your involvement with the society.
To avoid coinciding with WoCoVA, this year the conference has been replaced by two symposia.
For further details, please click HERE
For further information and joining instructions please contact NIVAS@succinctcomms.com. We look forward to working with you.
- Peripheral Vascular Access Symposium - Thursday 27 November 2014 - The Oxford Belfry Hotel
- Central Venous Access Devices Symposium - Tuesday 9 September 2014 - Leeds Trinity University
- NIVAS CVAD Competencies
- ALERT - Summary of corrections to the UCLH Injectable Medicines Administration Guide
- Antibiotic action
- Competence in paediatric central venous lines placement - Published April 2014
- Evidence-based consensus on the insertion of central venous access devices: definition of minimal re - Published April 2014
- The Family of Vascular Access Devices - Published April 2014
- NIVAS CVAD Competencies - Published February 2014
- Patients’ experiences of the PICC insertion procedure - Published February 2014
}09 September 2014
}27 November 2014