Welcome to NIVAS
Welcome to the website of NIVAS, the independent and multi-professional society specialising in vascular access and infusion therapies.
NIVAS is the first independent multi-professional society to be founded in the UK in this century. It is the new voice for all those involved in vascular access and infusion therapies.
The society was founded in July 2009 in order to promote excellence in this specialised field of patient care. We believe that we can advance practice through communication, collaboration and education.
As infusion therapy and vascular access continues to evolve, there is a need, now more than ever, for a co-ordinated approach to practice amongst healthcare professionals across the UK. The formation of a society and an annual conference is vital to ensure success in the specialty and quality care for patients.
NIVAS hopes to engage nurses, anaesthetists, radiologists, microbiologists, pharmacists and other health professionals involved in the insertion and management of vascular access and infusion therapy. NIVAS recognises the important role that you as an individual can play in advancing this specialty and would encourage your involvement with the society.
DATE FOR YOUR DIARY:
The 5th NIVAS Conference
Tuesday 9th – Wednesday 10th June 2015
The Grand, Thistle Bristol City Centre
Call for Abstracts
Submission deadline is 3rd April 2015 - please click HERE for more information.
Exhibition & Sponsorship Opportunities
Please click HERE for more information.
For further information and joining instructions please contact NIVAS@succinctcomms.com. We look forward to working with you.
- Date for your diary - The 5th NIVAS Conference
- Don’t forget to register for the OMG PIVC Study!
- The NIVAS newsletter for Autumn 2014 has now been published!
- NIVAS CVAD Competencies
- ALERT - Summary of corrections to the UCLH Injectable Medicines Administration Guide
- Novice to expert scale - Published September 2014
- Competency for Non-tunnelled Central Venous Access Device Insertion - Published September 2014
- Competence in paediatric central venous lines placement - Published April 2014
- Evidence-based consensus on the insertion of central venous access devices: definition of minimal re - Published April 2014
- The Family of Vascular Access Devices - Published April 2014
}15 - 18 April 2015
}09 - 10 June 2015